As a new parent, it can be hard to believe, but colic in babies are not a dangerous situation. As a parent of 4 children, two of whom suffer from colic attacks, at that time thought they were going to die according to all the screams and cries. Do not be afraid, as the actual colic in babies is just a bad stomach ache that some babies, not all, after eating. Unfortunately, this condition can last from a few minutes to even hours is a time to listen your newborn screaming at the top of their small lungs. In most cases, babies with colic have the highest probability of occurring within the first 2 months and usually ends when the newborn reaches the age of 3-4 months.
It was the good news, the bad news is that there is no known cure for colic, no research has been able to determine exactly what causes colic in babies. Something like the common cold! As with the common cold, there are signs that this condition affects your child, which are important for parents to be able to recognize, not only to help alleviate the problem but also to ensure that it is Indeed a non-threatening condition and not something that you should get immediate medical help.
Common signs of colic in babies include:
- Belly baby enlarges or inflates gas buildup
- Often bend one leg and the other leg tight due to pain
- As mentioned above the constant of crying, sometimes for hours
- Redness of baby’s cheeks with mourning effort
- Tightly clasped hands
- Feet are cold to the touch
As mentioned above, colic in infants is a disease that usually occurs shortly after eating, so it is related to food and the digestive system, and therefore can happen in most meals. Knowing these facts, there are some things you can do to try to avoid the state of colic or at least minimize the effect on your baby, such as:
- Avoid the effects of overfeeding, especially if you find that your child is prone to colic
- Avoid foods known to aggravate colic in infants such as food and drinks with high sugar content, as this will lead to greater gas accumulation in the stomach and worse
- Intestinal sensitivity is a presumed cause of colic in babies, so it is essential to recognize the possible allergies your child may have to avoid certain foods and feed the baby, whether directly or indirectly if you are breastfeeding.
- Environmental factors have been linked to increased colic in infants, such as emotional epidemics by parents because of cries, anger, anxiety, in other words, anything that can be a more annoying colicky baby.
As already mentioned, there is no cure for colic in babies, however, if you have a baby with colic, there are some things you can try to help relieve pain, including Walk and fill or rub the back of the newborn and give a product often called ‘gripe water’ for newborns. There are a variety of commercial versions of water free flu so that the particular content may vary between manufacturers, but it usually gingers against water flu, fennel, sodium bicarbonate, fructose and 3. 6 percent alcohol, with dill and chamomile. All of these ingredients have properties that help reduce cramping, gas, and acidity of the stomach, as well as dill, can also help pacify and soothe baby to sleep.
Fortunately, all children are doomed to suffer episodes of colic and among those affected the range of pain varies as the frequency of attacks. Current research suggests that genetics can play a role. Some studies suggest that if one or both parents have suffered from colic as babies, then the probability is high that their offspring also afflicted with this condition colic in infants.
At the beginning of an episode of colic, the best way to help your newborn would not be afraid because I have already talked about their emotional response to the situation can make matters worse. An important step following the support is more aware of what you are trying concerning colic in babies and then brush as much as possible on it. Remember that prolonged crying may be the result of some other things it is important that you also keep your minds about you so that you can recognize what exactly affects your baby.
Finally, always remember that there is no known cure or known cause of colic in babies, all you can do as a parent who cares is to make this stressful situation as comfortable and less disruptive For you and your little one.